Montana Malapaloosa Information and Registration
Malapaloosa is a 7 day recreational dry land mushing event focused on Alaskan Malamutes and other large breed purebred teams such as Canadian Inuit Dogs. This is a camping trip so you need to bring everything you would need to have to camp with your dogs. It is very important to note that this event is for fun and is NOT a competitive event. This is a “dry land” training event so you will need a cart or quad. Some loaners may be available.
We have fantastic well water available, as well as tent sites and a dry cabin for sharing. There is an outhouse and we will rent a porta-potty, but shower facilities are not provided. Showers are available nearby.
|Malamute Teams Working Side By Side|
Team size is not important. Anything from a 2–dog team to an 18-dog team has enjoyed Malapaloosa. This year we will begin on Monday 5/7 through Sunday 5/13. You can come for any part of this week, but I expect the majority will show up mid-week through the weekend.
|Some teams from Malapaloosa 2011|
We will provide one big celebratory barbecue on Saturday, May 12th, featuring our home raised lamb stew & slow roasted pork, as well as assorted side dishes. The rest of the meals will be either pot-luck or on your own.
This is also a fund raising event for the Run For The Red Lantern 2014 Iditarod Team. As such we are asking for a donation towards the team fund, on top of the mandatory registration fee of $100 to cover the costs associated with hosting this event. Donating (beyond the registration fee) is TOTALLY optional and will not be mentioned again!!
Payment must be submitted with registration:
- Registration cost $100 per team . You are 1 team if you are a pair of people/family attending together & you share a group of dogs that usually run together and sometimes run on separate teams. You are 2 or more teams if you are 2 or more people attending together and each person drives their own dog team.
- Bring a little cash to pitch in for food and supplies. This should be minimal as we are doing meals “pot luck”. Food costs will be decided between camp participants.
- Depending on the size of the teams and the size of vehicles, participation may need to be limited.
- Please make sure your dogs are current on vaccinations, and do not bring any sick dogs (or humans:-)
- Please use paypal under account email@example.com You do not need a paypal account-you can use your credit or debit card without signing up for paypal.
- You will receive a confirmation email, directions and list of supplies upon registration. I will also hook everyone up via an email chat group so you can talk amongst yourselves regarding the pot luck and food prep, carpooling, loaner carts, etc.
Don’t delay! The deadline for registration and payment is 4/15/12. Registration is subject to approval by camp host.
Please register via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
Name(s) of participants, Email, Phone (home & cell), Number of adults & children over age 12 , Number of children under age 12, Number of teams, Breed of dogs, Total number of dogs you are bringing, Any dog aggression issues that you may have with your team (please, this camp is not appropriate for dogs that are aggressive to humans), Type & size of vehicle, What are your camping arrangements? Tent camper share dry cabin other